Tewksbury, MA – Lowell Five Bank is pleased to announce that it has distributed a second tranche of $50,000 in grants to eight local Women and Minority-Owned Businesses (WMOB) as part of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston (FHLB) Jobs for New England Recovery Grant Program. The program awarded Lowell Five, as an FHLB member bank, to disperse the grant to small businesses that have been negatively impacted by COVID-19.
“We are thrilled to be able to participate in the Jobs for New England Recovery Grant Program thanks to the generosity of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston,” said David E. Wallace, President and Chief Executive Officer of Lowell Five Bank. “In connection with our Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, we opted to focus these funds to assist our worthy WMOB customers. We trust that these grants will relieve some of the financial stress brought on by the pandemic and contribute to the economic recovery within our communities we serve”
The Lowell Five business customers selected to receive grants are:
- Giving Tree Senior Living LLC, 1827 Bridge Street in Dracut, MA. Owned by Pribhu Hingorani, Giving Tree Senior Living is a family-owned and operated Assisted Living Community. The 160-room facility offers studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom units for assisted living, independent living, and memory care.
- Pattikakes A Place to Grow, 365 East Street, Tewksbury, MA. Pattikakes is an early childhood child care and learning center located on the Campus of the Tewksbury Hospital. Owner Patricia MacGillivary and her staff provide quality child care services to hospital employees, those employed elsewhere on Campus, and those in the community.
- Studio Rhythm Dance Center, 64 Brookside Road, Westford, MA. In her eighth year of owning this dance studio, Owner Kayla Salah offers instruction in all dancing styles to individuals as young as age two.
- Blossom Hill LLC, 101 Pleasant St. Dunstable, MA. Owner Melissa Oothout purchased Rose of Sharon at Blossom Hill in 2013 from its original owner. Blossom Hill – Rose of Sharon is a full-service florist specializing in weddings and special events and a flower farm where they grow many of their own flowers.
- Dracut Barber Shop, 1974 Lakeview Ave. Dracut, MA. Owner Cassie Cunliffe opened Dracut Barber Shop in 2006 as a single chair shop. Today, Dracut Barber Shop operates with a total of four barbers.
- Lowell Tooth Docs, 59 Lowes Way, Lowell, MA. A full-service dental office opened in 2005 by Marisa Ramos, D.M.D, Lowell Tooth Docs provides family, restorative, and general dentistry services.
- Lauri & Co. Hair Salon, 333 Boston Road, Billerica, MA. Laurie & Co. is a full-service hair salon that services women, men, and children, from a location within Pro-Fitness. Owner Laurie Frost Norman opened her salon in September 2020 after more than 35 years in the industry.
- Periwinkle Café, 695 South Main St., Haverhill, MA. Opened in January 2020 by Kyra Cabral, Periwinkles is a family-owned breakfast and lunch café. They also offer catering services.
June 30, 2021