Lowell Five has been providing financial solutions for cities and towns for over 160 years. This experience and our roots in the community give us a deep understanding of the needs of our local cities and towns.
We offer a full array of deposit, investment, and cash management options for municipalities, including free business checking. Your employees will appreciate our variety of checking and savings options and mortgage and lending programs for their financial needs.
With our long history, a five-star rating from Bauer Financial, and one of the strongest capitalizations of Massachusetts savings banks, you can expect a long-term, stable banking relationship with Lowell Five. All deposits are insured in full by both the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and the Depositors Insurance Fund.
Municipal Services include:
- Free Business Checking
- Business Money Market Accounts
- Sweep Accounts
- Short Term Certificates of Deposit
Cash Management Services
- Remote Deposit Capture: Securely scan and deposit checks at your convenience from city and town offices, without visiting the branch.
- Positive Pay: Extra security for your checks by comparing checks presented for payment against your electronic files that include account number, check number, check amount, and date. Checks with altered amounts or that are older than 180 days are stopped before payment, safeguarding your accounts against fraud, an added benefit for municipalities.
- Business Online Banking Services: Make it easy to securely access deposit accounts, make transfers, categorize expenses, and manage budgets and reporting, all with customizable multi-user access, transaction controls, and security features to protect data and account information.
- ACH/EFT: Replace paper checks for direct deposit payroll, vendor invoices and taxes, and receive funds faster and more securely for reoccurring charges, such as memberships or service agreements.
- Bill Payment Services: Speed up payments with e-bills, bill reminders, payment consolidation, and streamlined accounts payable tasks and varying authority levels for employees.
- Wire Transfers: Complete fast, secure wire transfers right from your computer; verified by our bankers for maximum protection.
Beyond banking products
An integral part of daily town business
Ann Vandal, Assistant Town Manager/Finance - Dracut, MA
Our relationship with Lowell Five is better described as a valued partnership than a customer vendor relationship.
Rita Sheahan, Assistant Vice President / Branch Manager - Dracut
Being able to customize solutions for clients like Dracut and build that trusted relationship is something I’m proud to provide.