POSITION TITLE: Retail Banking Associate
DEPARTMENT: Retail Banking
The Retail Banking Associate (RBA) is a universal position that includes traditional Teller responsibilities, Head Teller and Customer Service Representative functions. RBAs will provide an excellent customer experience processing monetary transactions behind the teller line, as well as handling more complex inquiries, transactions, maintenance, and account openings in the branch lobby.
- Maintains necessary supplies and cash.
- Processes customer transactions and payments within the lobby or drive-thru, including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, check cashing, money orders, bank checks, bonds; accountable for ensuring confidential customer information is securely stored throughout the day.
- Opens savings, checking and certificates of deposit accounts; accepts loan applications.
- Organizes daily branch work, maintains accuracy and proper documentation, and completes required regulatory and operational reports.
- Balances cash drawer and transactions at end of working day.
- Assists in the balancing of the main vault and ATM as needed.
- Assists in giving customers access to safe deposit boxes (in applicable branches) and adheres to respective procedures and guidelines.
- Responds to customer inquiries in person and on the phone; educates customers about Bank products and services to meet their needs; recognizes referral or sale opportunities and initiates introductions to appropriate team members.
- Assists other Retail Banking Associates with respect to balancing, various customer inquiries, and also with supervisor overrides as needed; escalates issues to branch management as appropriate.
- Trains new Retail Banking Associates as appropriate.
- Acts as backup to Head Teller as needed.
- Opens and closes the branch as needed.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
Customer focus with the ability to build and maintain relationships. Strong oral communication skills with the ability to be concise, clear, and consistent. Organized and detail-oriented. Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to customer issues. Ability to multitask and adapt to change. Basic knowledge of computer skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, bend, walk, use hands and reach with arms. This position may require the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies weighing up to approximately 20-25 pounds.
Preferred Education or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent; previous cash handling and customer service experience in a retail environment.
If you are flexible, eager to learn and are interested in working for a company you can grow with, please apply on-line or stop by any of our branch locations for an application and forward to:
Lowell Five Bank
Human Resources Department
30 International Place
Tewksbury, MA 01876
Equal Opportunity Employer / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities